BFA degree in Painting, graduate work and certification in education,
curriculum design, vocational, adm, etc. Taught K-12 as area supervisor,
9-12 as department, post graduate school in China, (Economics Institute),
business advisor to yearbook ( put this publication into the green for the
first time ever), and more.
"Commercial Artist" and assistant to the editor of two
national trade papers.
Experienced outdoorsman, climbed and hiked through snow fields and
glaciers, camped on the desert, wilderness photography, and more
Volunteer work includes work with individuals and groups.
Travel includes Italy and China, as well as most of Eastern Canada and
I have created a Top Ten list that serves as my "PRIORITY" for
work In City Council, and I hope to expand on this both here and in the
I believe the City of Cambridge, like other Cities, is facing several
serious challenges, and needs leadership that can and will bring critical
thinking skills to solving these challenges in a balanced and effective
Specifically, I will support ...(please note this list is not
ordered in any way)
the City's ordinances into compliance with Federal Laws,
especially the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), so local
businesses have a local resource they can refer to, and so we all
are included in the benefits of our City.
- A Municipal
- Sidewalks constructed and maintained according to both Mass Safety
Code and the ADA.
- A properly done curb ramp survey.
The city did a curb ramp survey and it was accepted and is posted
on line. It violates the Mass Safety Code, and fails to comply
with the ADA. I consider this to be a huge waste of time not to
mention a fraud.
- Affordable housing for all, specifically I support the USSC
Olmstead decision, and will work to make this a reality for folks in
- Aging in Place.
- Quiet enjoyment. Both home owners and renters should have quiet
enjoyment of their property.
- Fiscal responsibility. We pay property taxes, which is not a
progressive, and we need to make sure that our tax money is spent
properly, and we get good value.
- Community Policing
- A proper balance of natural space with the built up environment. I
find the term open space problematic.
- A task force to examine and make recommendations re parking issues
in and around Cambridge.
Veterans - I will work to establish a program and fund to train
service dogs for returning vets.
- Small Business, and employment
Specifically I oppose:
- Phase Two of the Urban Ring
Climate Change and Global Warming
I urge anyone to contact me with their concerns, and I welcome everyone's
I believe that no one should be expected to trust the
"politicians" but I do believe the politician should trust the
voters. The candidates should trust the voters enough to tell them the
truth, and not worry if they won't be re-elected.
This candidate has not yet responded to the following:
3) Quality of Life and Public Safety (including rodents, noise
4) Traffic, Parking, and Transportation:
5) Municipal Finance (Budget, Assessments, Property Taxes, etc.):
6) Government and Elections (Plan E Charter, City Manager, staff for
7) Land Use, Planning, Economic Development:
8) Human Services Programs: [including youth programs and senior programs]
9) Open Space, Parks, and Recreation:
10) Energy, the Environment, and Public Health:
12) Arts and Public Celebrations:
13) University Relations:
14) Civic Participation:
15) Cambridge Public Schools: